Cleveland Plus Business Environment
Cleveland Plus has a growing network of supportive economic development agencies, corporate partners, and business and community leaders that help companies make the connections that they need.
Northeast Ohio also boasts an impressive variety of incentive offerings, including the $2.3-billion Ohio Third Frontier initiative, which offers innovative programs for emerging and established high-tech companies.
Our proximity to North American markets reduces shipping time and rates. And the cost of doing business - whether it be real estate, workforce or business taxes - is lower here than most other major U.S. cities.
As a result of our region's ability to innovate, accelerate and produce, Cleveland Plus entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies and nationally acclaimed services continue to emerge and thrive. Cleveland Plus is also home to more than 800 foreign-owned companies.
- Aerospace and Aviation
- Food Processing
- Headquarters and Professional Services
- Instruments, Controls and Electronics
- Metal Production and Fabrication
- Oil and Gas
- Polymers and Materials
- A. Schulman
- Applied Industrial Technologies
- Cliffs Natural Resources
- Diebold, Inc.
- First Energy Corporation
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Hyster-Yale Materials
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- Medical Mutual
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- The Timken Company
- Travel Centers of America
- RPM International
LEADING FOREIGN-OWNED COMPANIES
- ABB Inc.
- AkzoNobel Paints
- Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- Nestle USA
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Corporation
- Saint Gobain Corporation
- Tata Steel